Spanish Speaking Case Manager
Position: Spanish Speaking Case Manager
Supervisor: Director of Family Services
Category: Non-Exempt/1.0 FTE with benefits
Job Type: Full-time
The Family Place (TFP) is seeking a Case Manager to help oversee student social service and academic needs by assisting them in getting access to services. They will Coordinate and provide care that is safe, timely, effective, equitable, and client-centered by assessing needs, developing, monitoring, and evaluating individual work plans and progress. The candidate must be willing to collaborate with all TFP and TFPPCS staff and students to accomplish to goals of the organization.
· Engage families and create a welcoming environment for all participants.
· Meet individually with students to access needs and develop goals.
· Follow up with students to identify and mitigate barriers to their academic success.
· Follow up with all charter school students that have missed more than 4 days of class and help them resolve any issues keeping them from attending class.
· Maintain case management notes using QuickBase or any other data management system.
· Provide reports to the Director of Family Services as needed.
· Collaborate to provide brief emergency services to students and other TFP clients as needed.
· Coordinate with staff to plan and implement clothing and donation drives.
· Attend community fairs and strengthen relationships with external partners.
· Support outreach efforts to promote our programs and services to different audiences.
· Help with registrations, events, and other tasks as needed.
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and shifts in the afternoon/evening will be required 2 times per week.
Qualifications and Skills Required
· B.A., B.S. in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Sociology, or related field.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and in Spanish required. Amharic is desired.
· Experience working with low-income families.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop positive relationships.
· Commitment and interest in issues affecting low-income and underserved populations.
· Ability to develop positive relationships.
· Ability to work well independently and in teams.
· Experience with Microsoft Office and social media is highly preferred.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Pay: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
COVID vaccine and booster are mandatory. Mask mandate is based on DC Health's weekly data. Weekly testing may be required.
Case management: 1 year (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations