Part-time Math/ESL Instructor for adult learners- Remote and in-person
$20 - $25 an hour - Part-time, Contract
The Math/ESL Instructor will support a multi-level classroom of adult learners, some of whom have low literacy or interrupted education, and will work to achieve the mission of The Family Place to help participants and their families to become self-sustaining, employable, and engaged in their community.
· Teach multi-level adult classes with the support of the main ESL instructor.
· Instruct students either in-person or remotely according to health guidelines related to COVID-19.
· Develop daily lesson plans with clear objectives and post-lesson plans on platforms such as Google Drive or Sharepoint.
· Incorporate CASAS Math Goals competencies, life skills English, and workforce development guidelines under WIOA into lesson plans and instructional activities.
· Monitor individual students’ CASAS performance and modify instruction as needed.
· Coordinate CASAS tutoring or targeted interventions for all adult students if needed.
· Create CASAS-style activities and practice tests on Google Forms or another platform.
· Provide tutoring sessions to students based on their CASAS performance.
· Track student attendance (in-person and remote) and record daily instructional hours for each student.
· Attend staff meetings, team meetings, and professional development.
· B.S. in Mathematics Education, Mathematics, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred, and at least one year of teaching experience.
· Experience in and commitment to working with low-income, low literacy immigrant families and children.
· Experience using CASAS Competencies to plan lessons and to target instruction is preferred.
· Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Spanish, highly desired.
· Proficiency with Zoom, Google Drive, Google Classroom, and Microsoft Office.
· Strong digital literacy skills and ability to learn and implement new technology in the classroom.
· Creativity in curriculum development.
· Flexible schedule to work 20-25 hours per week, including 2 mornings, 2 afternoons, 2 evenings, and every Friday morning.'
Monday to Friday
Proof of vaccination is required. It is required to use a mask when working in person.
Work Location: One location