The Family Place continues to rely on the help of volunteers. The Family Place offers a variety of fulfilling volunteer opportunities throughout daytime program hours from 9:00-5:00 Monday through Friday and evening during Plaza Comunitaria (Spanish Literacy program) 7-9 pm Monday to Wednesday. Volunteers must be 18 years of age and able to provide a local background check, as well as a TB test to work in the Early Childhood Education classrooms. The length and extent of volunteer commitment depends on the need of the organization and intern requirements. Examples of volunteer opportunities include but are not limited to:
- assisting our educators in the Early Childhood Education classes
- providing clerical & reception support
- assist our program as a social media & development intern
- assisting in the ESL classes & weekly conversation program
- assisting in the day and evening Spanish Literacy classes
If interested in internship opportunities, send your resume and cover letter to Estefani Flores at email@example.com.
…as an Early Childhood Education Intern, our ideal candidates:
- have prior experience working with young children;
- are patient, caring, and attentive to the emotional needs of children and their families;
- maintain a positive attitude that contributes to a positive and nurturing environment;
- are fluent in English and Spanish. Fluency in Spanish is not required, but encouraged so volunteers may communicate with families in the program. This is an excellent opportunity for you to practice your Spanish!
…as an ESL Assistant in the classroom, our ideal candidates:
- have experience working with adult ESL learners and facilitating learning activities
- have experience tutoring and working one-on-one with adult learners
- are fluent in English and conversational in Spanish. Fluency in Spanish is not required, but encouraged.
…as a Spanish Literacy Assistant in the classroom, our ideal candidates:
- have experience working with low literacy level adult learners
- have experience tutoring adult Spanish speakers who are learning to read and write
- are fluent or conversational in Spanish to communicate and work one-on-one with adult learners
…as a Reception & Administrative Intern, our ideal candidates:
- are friendly, outgoing and have experience with administrative office work
- are willing to provide administrative support to program staff
- are fluent in English and Spanish.
We also offer a Case Manager internship every semester to undergraduate Social Work, Psychology or Sociology students.
For additional volunteer opportunities, please contact Estefani Flores at 202-265-0149 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.